Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Information Technology
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
The prime focus of this role is to undertake research and development and testing as directed by the Director of Software Engineering.
The incumbent will be providing software and user interface expertise on projects in research and under development.
They will be involved in the commercialisation and development of algorithms primarily for the Company’s products. Further applications may be forthcoming and require development.
- You will develop and maintain software for various projects and libraries as requested.
- You will create software products to the client need and requirement, along with providing your expertise with databases and effective management of information.
- At times you will be called upon to contribute to the planning of research and assessment of data reliability. This will be coupled with Analysis and interpretation of results.
- Daily debugging, code maintenance, testing for robustness and problem-solving.
- The Support Desk may require your assistance with datasets, analysis and interpretation and resolution of customer concerns.
- Support legacy codebase, and add new features based on request.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Be able to write Clean Code and follow SOLID standard
- Strong SQL knowledge, preferable Postgresql
- Open to learning new technologies, new programming languages
- Experience in the software development sector
- Strong analytical, problem solving and methodical skills
- Attention to detail
- Motivated to work to a high standard
- Able to work independently and also as part of a team
- A creative thinker and a hunger to learn new technologies