Career Level Staff
Experience 2 Years
Industry Transportation & logistics
Qualifications Bachelor's Degree
- Urban planners
- Land use policy and planning
- Urban development programmes
- Full-time permanent position
- Viaduct Harbour office
Do you want to play a key role in planning for Auckland’s future growth and development? Do you want to be part of a team that leads Auckland Transport’s involvement in transport land use integration planning and implementation?
Auckland is growing at pace and scale. How we are planning for our future is transforming and we are leading this change. Do you want to be at the forefront of identifying opportunities and key moves in transport land use integration, working closely with Auckland Council, Central Government and other key stakeholders to achieve this? If you have answered yes, then we have the role for you!
If you are an urban planner looking for your next challenge, then read further.
The roles and what we are looking for
We are looking for Principal Urban Planners to join our Urban Development Programmes team and Land Use Policy and Planning team as technical leads and leading our involvement in complex and exciting transport land use integration workstreams and providing support and guidance to our young planners.
We play a key role in influencing the shape and liveability of our future Auckland in both brownfield and greenfield areas through our land use and transport policy, planning and growth area management workstreams. For us, this requires integration across all transport modes and so is more than just about roads.
We work across the full spectrum of planning from high level strategic planning to detailed implementation planning. If you are interested in land use legislation and policy development, growth planning, strategic spatial planning, place-based planning, urban transformation / renewal programmes, development masterplans, implementation programmes and even resource consents, then we have a position for you.
It is a fast paced and exciting area of planning, full of opportunities for people keen on tackling some key challenges, trying new things, and making big decisions for the benefit of future Aucklanders.
We are looking for planners who are dynamic, show initiative and will take responsibility for identifying opportunities and delivering results.
Our ideal candidates will have the following:
- Experience in strategy, policy and land use planning, transport planning, resource management planning, supported by a qualification in Planning or related discipline
- An excellent understanding and working knowledge of transport land use integration principles, urban planning policies, growth planning and key implementation matters, the Resource Management Act, local government legislation
- Expert experience in engaging and partnering with a range of stakeholders and a strong focus on customer service
- Problem solving, including ability to develop and apply frameworks for balancing competing priorities
- Excellent facilitation, written and verbal communications skills
What we can provide
If you are passionate about transport land use integration planning and implementation and want to be involved across all aspects of planning, then this is the role for you. At Auckland Transport, we are committed to our staff and making this a great place to work.
We offer the following:
- Professional development and training
- On the job training opportunities
- Professional memberships support
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional memberships
- Diverse projects and ability to work with multi-disciplinary co-workers
- A supportive, high performing team environment
- Opportunity for leadership and accountability, the authority and autonomy to make key decisions
- Flexible working including flexible start and finish times
- Health and wellbeing benefits
If you would like to be part of our supportive and dynamic team, then we would love to hear from you. Please send in your cv asap as we will be interviewing throughout the advertising process.
Here at Auckland Transport we are passionate about working together to deliver a safe, innovative and sustainable transport system, and providing transport choices for a growing, vibrant Auckland.
At Auckland Transport ‘ We’re all go’ – Be a part of our collective future! This is your opportunity to hop on board as we shape the future of Auckland.
Due to the nature of this role, professional qualification checks and membership checks will be conducted as part of your pre-employment assessment.